DUBLIN, March 31, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Functional Apparel – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Functional Apparel Market to Reach $372.5 Billion by 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Functional Apparel estimated at US$265.8 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$372.5 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% over the analysis period.
Functional clothing is considered to be an evolution of technical textiles. Functional clothing is an area where clothing integrates with medicine, nanotechnology, computing, physics, and biotechnology domains to address the increasingly complex and multi-faceted needs of users.
Functional apparel meets specific performance requirements and are designed and engineered to protect or provide comfort to the wearer while being normal. Functional clothing can be termed a bridge between commercial clothing and technical textiles with a commercial market. While functional clothing enumerates traits of technical textiles in offering protection or comfort for the wearer, they can also be used as regular wear, thus carving a niche that spans technical textiles and the clothing market.
Typical functional apparel includes sportswear, protective wear, medical clothing, and special clothing. At present, a wide variety of functional apparel are currently available in the form of medical clothing, sports clothing, and protective clothing among others.
Sportswear, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 5.6% CAGR to reach US$128.4 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Footwear segment is readjusted to a revised 6.3% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 22.5% share of the global Functional Apparel market.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $89.6 Billion in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $52.5 Billion by 2026
The Functional Apparel market in the U.S. is estimated at US$89.6 Billion in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 32.32% share in the global market.
China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$52.5 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 7.3% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 4.9% and 5% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 5.2% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$56.2 Billion by the close of the analysis period.
The ongoing health and wellness trend continues to be the primary driver of the global functional apparel market, prompting consumers to spend on these apparels, mainly sportswear and active wear products. Consumer focus on healthy regime and rising level of health-consciousness are making people to get selective regarding apparels for gym sessions, personal training and casual work.
Increasing engagement in sports and adventurous activities like cycling and trekking is favoring the market expansion. In addition, aggressive efforts by fitness influencers to promote active wear and attract consumers have resulted in the athleisure cult, encouraging people to wear active wear on gyms as well as social gatherings and runways.
The market growth is also propelled by rising adoption of functionality-specific apparels and footwear and technological advancements. The use of engineered fabrics in functional apparel offers protects from extreme cold or heat, chemicals and radiation. These fabrics can absorb sweat and keep users cooler in summer and warm in winters. Some of the latest functional apparel are made using anti-bacterial materials capable of preventing body odor.
On the other hand, athletic footwear offered by major brands maximizes user comfort and improves athletic performance while reducing the risk of injuries. Increasing incident of foot diseases and allergies is prompting companies to offer sports shoes & socks with specialized features.
While various manufacturers are offering sports socks with extra padding to mitigate risk of foot allergies, others are increasingly incorporating sophisticated technologies in their hosiery products. Moreover, increasing focus of various medical laboratories on R&D is expected to bolster the adoption of medical laboratory-wear apparels.
Protective Clothing Segment to Reach $66.6 Million by 2026
Protective clothing is designed to provide protection to the wearer from the hazards at workplaces or at any other places. High visibility garments also fall under protective clothing.
Protective clothing finds uses in a wide range of applications and include fire & heat protection; nuclear, chemical, and biological hazard protection; protection from sharp objects such as stab wounds, cuts, and abrasions; protection from extreme cold; and protection from static electricity, and high voltage among others.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- COVID-19 Marks Shift of Fashion Industry with Buzz for Functional Fashion
- An Introduction to Functional Apparel
- Functional Apparel Design & Manufacturing
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- Sportswear Remains Coveted Segment of Functional Apparel Market
- Professional Athletic: A Major Application of Functional Apparel
- Supermarkets/Hypermarkets Maintain Position as Primary Distribution Channel
- Developed Regions Hold Upper Hand in Functional Apparel Market
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 198 Featured)
- 361 Degrees International Limited
- Adidas AG
- Amer Sports Oyj
- Asics Corporation
- Calvin Klein
- Columbia Sportswear Company
- HanesBrands Inc.
- Hugo Boss AG
- Jockey International, Inc.
- Lululemon Athletic Inc
- MIZUNO Corporation
- NIKE, Inc.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation
- Puma SE
- Ralph Lauren Corporation
- Reebok International Ltd.
- Russell Brands, LLC
- Skechers USA Inc.
- The Gap, Inc.
- The North Face, Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Functional Apparel to Reap Rich Dividends with Health & Wellness Trend
- Rising Participation in Sporting Activities & Inclination Towards Workouts Fuel Demand for Sports Functional Apparel
- Participation in Sports & Fitness Activities Favors Growth in Functional Apparel Market
- Sports & Fitness Clothing Market Presents Growth Opportunities for Functional Fitness & Sports Apparel
- Performance Outdoor Apparel
- Reactive Fabrics and Materials in Sports Clothing
- Improving Performance of Athletes in Professional Sports
- Smart Clothing with Thermal Changes
- Heated Sports Clothing Picks Up
- Snow Sports Functional Apparel Gains Strength
- Consumer Preference for Activewear in Daily Life to Fuel Functional Sportswear Market
- Technology Trends Revolutionizing Active Wear Market
- Protective Clothing: A Key Part of Functional Apparel Market
- Notable Trends in Protective Clothing Market
- Introduction of Nanotechnology Applications Fuel Growth for Protective Clothing Market
- Mandatory Regulations Drive Focus onto Protective Textiles
- Rising Demand for Performance Boosting Apparel Bodes Well for the Functional Apparel Market
- Functional and Durable Work Apparel Grows in Prominence
- Expanding Needs of Workwear Industry to Drive Gains in Functional Work Apparel Market
- Rise in Workplace Accidents Fuels Demand for Functional Apparel
- High Levels of Workplace Related Accidents Bring Renewed Emphasis on Functional Protective Clothing
- COVID-19 Pandemic Disrupts Functional Workwear Apparel Industry
- Advent of Innovative Technologies Fuel Demand for Functional Workwear Apparel
- Superior Attributes of Flame-Retardant Workwear over Traditional Workwear Benefit Market
- Multi-Functional and Lighter Fabric Workwear Grows in Demand in Oil & Gas Industry
- Functional Medical Clothing Grows in Importance amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Safety Requirements Drive Need for Medical Textiles
- Functional Footwear Designed to Improve Comfort & Ensure Safety
- Rising Concerns over Environmental Degradation Fuel Demand for Natural and Eco-Friendly Fibers
- Focus on the Use of Natural Fibers in Functional Clothing
- Multi-Functional Durable Clothing: High Growth Opportunities
- Groundbreaking Technologies Adding Feather to Functional Apparel’s Cap
- Technological Advancements Fastrack Adoption of Functional Apparels
- E-Commerce Platforms Boost Growth in Functional Apparel Market
- COVID-19 Driven Rise in E-Commerce Sales Benefit Functional Apparel Market
- Demographic Trends Impact Prospects: Urbanization & Middle Class Population Influence Growth
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yxf4vj
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets